4.16.2007

Step It Up Akron


Rally group
Originally uploaded by luckyfly.

I volunteered at the Step It Up rally held in Akron this weekend, and despite wind, rain, and general not-nice weather, the turnout was impressive. We had a wonderful round-up of speakers, but I was most impressed with our freshman Representative Betty Sutton, who took the time to show up and made a great speech. I have a feeling she'll go on to do great things in Congress, and I'm thrilled she's one of the many new Dems in Congress stepping up on this issue.

I've put up pics of the rally on my Flickr site, which is linked all over the place on this page, so check them out. There were hundreds of these things all over the country, and you can read about them here:

stepitup.org

Also, take note, John Edwards is the only candidate so far to propose real energy reform, and he was also at his local Step It Up event on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment